Key to PASCAL's work is its cadre of international associates, all of whom have specialist skills related to the core areas of the observatory's operations and have significant experience in the public sector, international organisations and/or in higher education.
Currently there are some 60 associates and it is greatly to the advantage of PASCAL and its subscribers that we are able to flexibly call upon such substantial expertise to provide services. This provides us with the highest quality of expertise with a great range of competence, rarely seen in other organisations.
Associates fulfill a variety of functions:
- In research they participate in PASCAL initiated research projects and involve PASCAL (and its associates) as participants in their own research projects. Our associates are currently involved in most of our projects, most particularly in the PURE project where they are members of every Consultative Development Group;
- They provide consultancy services to subscribing Regional Authorities and others as requested on behalf of PASCAL and seek PASCAL endorsement and assistance for their own consulting activities. Some of our associates are Advisers to our regions;
- They provide the knowledge base for the Observatory. They contribute papers for publication on the PASCAL website and to discussion fora on the website. In particular a number of associates have provided Hot Topic papers for PASCAL;
- They submit news/conference notices/information for inclusion on the PASCAL website and in turn receive up-to-date news and information on conferences, research and policy initiatives from PASCAL;
- They present PASCAL in appropriate fora and seek opportunities to influence and participate in local and international policy processes.
Details of each of our Associates, including their areas of specialism and the work they have done for PASCAL are found in the PASCAL Associates Map & Directory; this information can be used as the basis for interested subcribers to proposing work with PASCAL...