I have thirty years experience of strategic and high level management gained as a senior manager within Regional and unitary local authorities in North East Scotland. I have expertise in the formation and management of integrated, area based services and of managing education services, community development, and regeneration programmes. I have significant experience of planning and implementing programmes of public participation and consultation and of developing and delivering joint provision with partner providers, e.g. Police, Health, the local enterprise company and community and voluntary organisations. I have a track record of the successful delivery of change management, organisational development and performance management. I am an innovative and enthusiastic manager who enjoys the challenge of change. I have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and a strategic, results-oriented approach.
- Integrating Services – Education, Culture, Leisure and Sports
- Managing Neighbourhood/Locality Services
- Regeneration, Community Development and Community Planning
- Partnership working
- Public Participation and Consultation
- Change Management
- Service reviews and rationalisation
- Mentoring and staff development
- 2005 – 2006: Aberdeen City Council – reviewed pre-school and primary education services in South Aberdeen. Planned and implemented the extensive public consultation programme which informed the review. The outcome of the review was improved and rationalised educational provision with the merger of over capacity schools and the closure of the Workplace Nursery which was operating over-budget.
- 2002 – 2006: Aberdeen City Council – Integrated education, cultural, leisure and sports services in South Aberdeen, creating and managing integrated teams which improved the delivery of more responsive local services
- 2002 – 2006: Aberdeen City Council – Created strong and effective links with partners. Developed and implemented neighbourhood community planning and community regeneration with local authority, statutory and voluntary service partners
- 2000 – 2002: Aberdeen City Council – Established the city wide Parent and Student Forums which improved participation and informed the planning of education services
- 1996 – 1998: Aberdeen City Council - Managed the implementation of Children (Scotland) Act for the education service. Developed effective links with health and social services to create more responsive and integrated children’s services. Developed and implemented policies for providing services to ‘at risk’ groups.
- Member for
- 2 years 6 weeks
- View recent blog entries