I am British, resident in the UK, and am a Director of a management consultancy providing assistance to all business sectors.
My specialist areas of expertise include Business Management and Development and the Built and Natural Environment
I have 34 years experience in the public sector, (fourteen at executive management level), in the public sector, and fourteen years experience as a consultant in the private sector. I have extensive Technical and Executive Management experience covering culture change, business planning techniques, and performance management of organisations. I have lengthy experience in dealing with complex political affairs, working within committee and institutional systems, and of policy management. I have regularly interacted with Government Ministers, Central and Local Government Politicians, Central Government Departments, Local Authority Associations, Private Industry and the Not-For-Profit Sector on policy and strategy matters connected with legislative and development changes.
- Director & Company Secretary
- Company Director (1997 – to-date).
- Deputy Chief Executive, (1994 – 1997).
- Director of Technical Services, (1986 – 1997).
- My areas of expertise include Project Management; Organisation Development; Regeneration; Partnerships/Investment; Change Management; Resource Management; Performance Management, the Built and Natural Environment.
- Preferred methodologies depend upon the circumstances of each consultancy commission and client requirements demanding maximum flexibility from all involved in Quintillion.
In the last two years, Quintillion has undertaken a variety of commissions relating to review of local authority major construction projects; preparation of business planning and setting up a charitable trust in the voluntary sector; resource management and planning in the public sector, and advising organisations in the private sector on entry preparation into the public sector.
- Associate to SOLACE Enterprises Ltd - current
- Non-Executive Director of the Barking and Dagenham Housing Trust 2004 – 2008
- Member of the Anglian Regional Flood Defence Committee and Chair of the Essex Local Flood Defence Committee 1997 – 2006. Also Chair of the Members Advisory Panel for the development of the Flood Risk Management Strategy for the Thames Estuary 2001 - 2006. In these appointments I interacted with DEFRA, the Environment Agency, English Nature, WWF, RSPB, County Landowners Association, the NFU, County, Unitary, Borough and District Councils. My areas of activity were hard and soft flood defences; coastal protection (funding and management); environmental management (conservation and pollution prevention); river basin and catchments management; water level management and conservation; planning and development control; and waste management matters.
- Member of the Basildon, Brentwood and Thurrock CHC, ( 2000 - 2003)
- President, UK Local Government Technical Advisers Group (TAG), (1997 – 98)
- President, Association of London Borough Engineers & Surveyors (ALBES), (1993 – 95)
- Transportation Adviser to the Association of Municipal Authorities, (1990 – 98)
- Technical Adviser to the London Boroughs Association, (1989 – 94)
- Member of the Standing Committee for Trunk Roads Management, (1990 – 97)
- I also served on several Government committees advising and recommending on a range of technical and management issues on behalf of Local Government and the British Standards Institute.
Relevant Qualifications and Recognitions:
- Master of Arts (Business Management)
- Chartered Engineer
- Fellow of the Institute of Civil Engineers
- Member of the Institute of highways and Transportation
- Member for
- 2 years 13 weeks
- View recent blog entries