Dr Arvanitis has worked at RMIT University since 1997 in fulfilling various teaching and research roles. In 2001 Eugenia became the first international doctoral exchange student to complete a Doctoral Thesis in Education at RMIT (Faculty of Education, Language and Community Services) from the University of Ioannina, Greece. As part of her studies she has been involved in detailed case study research on Greek ethnic schools in Australia and developed professional development courses for second language teachers.
Dr Arvanitis was also involved in research projects and the supervision of research students both in Australia and in Greece. Between 2001 and 2004 Eugenia co-ordinated and taught the Greek Language and Cultural Studies Program at the School of International and Community Studies. The Program was based on the BA (International Studies) principles, which were built around three major pillars, namely a) the global-local interconnectedness, b) the cultural, linguistic and religious diversity and c) the international and cross-cultural professional practice. During the same period Dr Arvanitis was employed as the Manager of the Australian-Greek Resource and Learning Center at RMIT University, Melbourne (www.rmit.edu.au/greekcentre).
In November 2004 Eugenia was offered the position of Research Associate at the Globalism Institute at RMIT University, Melbourne. As part of her role Eugenia worked with Professor Mary Kalantzis in developing a Learning Competency/Accreditation. In this role Eugenia was instrumental in the development of the National Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework for the Greek Adult Educational System (July 2007). Finally, she is an accredited adult trainer educator and teaches at the Greek Open University.
- Manual for the Self-Evaluation of Adult Education providers, Report commissioned by the General Secretariat of Adult Education, Greece (September, 2007).
- National Quality Assurance and Assessment Framework, Report commissioned by the General Secretariat of Adult Education, Greece (July, 2007).
- Adult Education Centres: Assessment, Validation & Training in Life Long Learning, Report commissioned by the Institute for Continuing Education, Greece (June, 2006).
- Specified competence indicators for Key Learning Areas, Report commissioned by the Institute for Continuing Education, Greece (January, 2006).
- General Indicators for Assessing and Validating Knowledge in the Greek Adult Education System, Report commissioned by the Institute for Continuing Education, Greece (November, 2005).
- National Qualification frameworks and Life long learning, Report commissioned by the Institute for Continuing Education, Greece (September, 2005).
- 1992 - B.Ed (University of Ioannina, Greece),
- 1992 - Grad. Thesis (University of Ioannina, Greece),
- 2001 - PhD (RMIT University),
- 2002 - NAATI Accredited Translator (NAATI - Australia),
- 2004 - Certificate IV in Workplace Training and Assessment, (RMIT University, Australia).
- Member of the TT-NET Greece CEDEFOP (http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/), 2007, Thessaloniki.
- Member of the Greek Pedagogical Society, 2007 (http://www.pee.gr/), Athens.
- Member of the European Credit Transfer In VETCommittee CEDEFOP (http://www.cedefop.europa.eu/), 2007, Thessaloniki.
- Member of the Adult Education Research Association (http://www.adulteduc.gr/), 2006-2007, Athens.
- Member of the Centre of Intercultural Education (http://www.kedek.inpatra.gr/), University of Patras, Greece.
- Sakellariou, Μ. & Arvanitis, Ε. 2007, «InterculturalandReligiousEducationin Preschool and Elementary Education: A research Approach», in Religious Education in Elementary Schooling: Challenges and Prospects, Grigoris Publications (in press).
- Arvanitis, E. 2006, ‘Community Building Education and Greek Diasporic Networks’, στο International Journal of Interdisciplinary Social Sciences, Vol. 1, Issue 3, pp.153-162.
- Arvanitis, E. (Ed) 2006, Zacharias Vogiazopoulos. Bonegilla: Memories and Recollections of an Insider, Australian Greek Resource and Learning Centre, RMIT University, Melbourne, pp.240. (Book - ISBN: 0-646-46446-9).
- Arvanitis, E., 2006, ‘Centres of Adult Education: Assessment, Validation & Training in Life Long Learning’http://www.gsae.edu.gr/LifeLongLearning_Conference/default.asp?page=eisigiseis)., International Conference on Life Long Learning for Development, Employment and Social Cohesion, 31 March-2 April 2006, University of Thessaly, Volos (e-paper:
- Arvanitis, E., 2005 ‘EthnicSchoolsandthedevelopmentofaNationalEducationalPolicyinthe 21stcentury’ in GreekResearch in Australia, Ε. Close, M. Tsianikas & G. Frantzis (Eds), Flinders University, pp. 401-424.
- Arvanitis, E., with the Paideia Omogenon Project Team, 2004, From the Life of Greeks in Australia, EDIAMME, University of Crete, pp.142.
- Arvanitis, E., 2004, ‘Community Aspirations for Greek Language Schooling in Australia: Future Challenges and Directions’, Greek-Australian Conference on-line paper (http://www.agc.org.au/index.php?sectionID=9&pageID=17), RMIT University.
- Arvanitis, E., 2004,‘The Australian Educational Policy and Greek Diaspora Language providers’, in The History of the Hellenic Diaspora: Research and Teaching, EDIAMME, University of Crete, pp. 188-198.
- Arvanitis, E., 2004, Greek Ethnic Schools in Australia in the late 1990s: Selected Case studies, e-monograph, RMIT University. (http://www.rmit.edu.au/greekcentre/publications )
- Arvanitis, E., 2004,‘Greek Ethnic Schools in a Globalising Context’, Journal of Modern Greek Studies Australia and New Zealand, Vol. 11-12, pp.241-257.
- Arvanitis, E., 2001, ‘Professional Development of Seconded Greek Teachers to Australia: A Theoretical Framework’, in Hellenic Studies in the Antipodes at the dawn of the 21st Century, World Council of Hellenes Abroad - SAE Oceania, (eds), Sydney, Australia, pp. 127-133.
- Arvanitis, E., 1999, ‘Greek Community Schools in Victoria’, in Greek Education Abroad, Damanakis, M. and Michelakis, Th. (eds), Greek Ministry of Education and Religious Affairs & Laboratory of Intercultural and Migration Studies (EDIAMME), Greece, pp. 116-132. (In Greek).
- Arvanitis, E., 1999, ‘Exploring Identity in the Greek-Australian Context’, in Forrest, D., Schafer, A., and Mathews, J. (eds), Celebrating the Diversity of Researching Learning, Service, Culture and Communication, Faculty of Education, Language and Community Services, RMIT University, pp. 8-15.
- Arvanitis, E., 1999, 1996 Cypriots in Australia: A Community Profile. A Report to the Presidential Commissioner for Cypriots Abroad. (with A.M. Sophocleous, Peppas, N. and Kousourakis, K.)
- Arvanitis, E., 1999, External Evaluation for Lalor North Primary School: Preliminary Report. A report for the Victorian Department of Education. (with A.M. Sophocleous, Papadimas-Sophocleous, S. and Kousourakis, K.)
- Member for
- 3 years 30 weeks
- View recent blog entries